Reported by EICC, that the origin of these minerals has become the Democratic Republic of Congo's main revenue sources of armed rebel groups, to deal in arms, continued its bloody conflict between government forces, devastated the local civilian population, thus triggering international disputes. MANFIELD COATINGS/CMW COATINGS, as the global citizen, we declare and commit to refusing the application of metals from fighting region; meanwhile, we request MANFIELD COATINGS/CMW COATINGS’s supply chain:
- 1Conduct your operations in a way of social and environmental responsibility;
- 2Not use the conflict minerals originated from the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) and its adjoining countries ;
- 3Trace the origins of the metals used, e.g. Au，Ta，Sn and W, and fill in the investigation form /sign declaration(Please download Conflict Minerals Reporting Template, and no need to reply again if you have completed the latest survey form before)
- 4Make the same requirements to your upstream suppliers.
- 5Below useful website are for your reference:
Conflict metal: The minerals composed of columbite-tantalite, cassiterite, wolframite and gold from the fighting region of Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC). These minerals are refined into tantalum (Ta), tin (Sn), tungsten (W) (referred to as the 3 T’s), cobalt (Co) and gold (Au), respectively, and are used in electronics and other products.
In the near future, the metals produced by some smelters may be banned, therefore all of our key suppliers are required to map their supply chains for the metals in their components back down to smelter and then to source.